I have found that the visualizations (line charts, tables) are tied to its data source, and no easy way to edit it. Often, I have built a complex visualization that I can use for another index as a starting point, but I have not found a way to reuse that same visualization because the data source is tied to the visualization.
- Is there in fact a way to edit the data source of the visualization?
- If not, can this potentially be added?
I have read the Github issue but I am not sure how this applies. The github issue talks about the steps of copying a visualization from one dashboard to another, without mentioning anything about changing ES indices.
Perhaps I was unclear about what I meant by “data source” in my original message.
This is what I want to do:
- Create a visualization using ES index
- Make a copy of that visualization as a new viz
- Have that visualization use ES index
bar-* instead as data source.
This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.