Create "Flop 10" with 0 values

Hi,
I hope you can help me. I want to create a visualisation (bar, metric, bucket etc.) for flop 10. It works, but I want show 0 values, areas that have not been selected.
I have added {"min_doc_count":0} for the JSON input of the Terms sub-bucke(hostname), but that does not work.

Hi,

I would like to help you. Can you explain what a FLOP 10 actually is?

I think I understand what you want to achieve.

Let's say you have the following three values:

• Luftbild: 0
  • Böden: 1
  • Grundschulen: 2

and now you also want to see the Luftbild on the y axis with 0 as value? Then in the legacy visualisation, you need to click on Show missing values on the right hand side. That should do the trick.

That would be a good idea to also rebuild using Kibana Lens, which is much more intuitiv and easy to use. There you can immediately change from Bar, to Line, to Heatmap, without needing to rebuild the entire visualisation all the time.

Hi,

yeah thats exactly what I want.

`Show missing values doesn´t work. ``Nothing happens when I activate the button.```

Thank you for helping.

``

Best Regards

Eva

``

``

``

``

``

Ah. Is your data more like this:

app.name: "Luftbild"
app.name: "Grundschule"
app.name: "Böden"

Here is what the docs look like in Elasticsearch:

POST evademo/_doc
{
  "@timestamp": "2023-02-20T09:00:00.000Z",
  "app": { "name": "luftbild"}
}
POST evademo/_doc
{
  "@timestamp": "2023-02-27T09:00:00.000Z",
  "app": { "name": "böden"}
}
POST evademo/_doc
{
  "app": { "name": "grundschule"}
}
POST evademo/_doc
{
  "app": { "name": "party"}
}

Now it's today and you set your time picker for today. Resulting in that view:

Which shows, party, grundschule, böden. Missing out on Luftbild, since the last entry of Luftbild is on the 20th Februar.

This is a bit of a struggle. You want a document that cannot be found in the timepicker to still show up.

Maybe another solution would be to use a table view, and set the column to last value of @timestamp. Then you can override the time picker settings for this visualisation using the wheel icon.

and setting the Customize Time Range to whatever you like, e.g. 30 days. This will now always stay at 30 days, regardless of what you choose for the entire dashboard.

Does that help you?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.