Creating a Tag Cloud

Hello all,

I have a field that displays feedback. I was hoping to create a tag cloud of the most popular words from the feedback, to get a feel of what customers are saying.

Does anyone know how I could do this?

Hi @vils,

You can build a tag cloud in Kibana using an aggregation-based visualization. I would recommend checking out this similar thread and the aggregation-based visualization documentation.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Thank you for your response.

Do you know if I can single out individual words and count only single occurring words rather than counting if we had the same response?

So if one response says "good" and another says "Very good", it counts "good" as 2 and displays the individual word larger along with other individual words.

I can't think of a way to do that within the tag cloud options itself. It pulls the top by the metric specified.

Are these known responses that you want to join together? If so you could specify logic to create a new field with the values normalized, either via a runtime field on your ingest or via a transform in an ingest pipeline.

Others might have other ideas though!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.