Creating Kibana Dashboard Programmatically

Hi All,

I am trying to create a dashboard pro grammatically.I am using elastic search 2.1.1 ,log stash 2.1.1 and Kibana 4.3.1

Kindly help.

You can either write directly to the .kibana index or use the URL structure to create dynamic dashboards (though the latter requires you already have saved visualizations you're combining).

Hi Tbragin,

I tried write directly to the .kibana index using below Curl command and got the error.Can you please help me.

curl -XPUT http://rajeevpc:9200/.kibana/dashboard/testdashboard -d '{[
{
"_id": "D1",
"_type": "dashboard",
"_source": {
"title": "D1",
"hits": 0,
"description": "",
"panelsJSON": "[{"id":"V1","type":"visualization","panelIndex":1,"size_x":3,"size_y":2,"col":1,"row":1}]",
"optionsJSON": "{"darkTheme":false}",
"uiStateJSON": "{}",
"version": 1,
"timeRestore": false,
"kibanaSavedObjectMeta": {
"searchSourceJSON": "{"filter":[{"query":{"query_string":{"query":"*","analyze_wildcard":true}}}]}"
}
}
}
]}'
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 1024 100 469 100 555 14656 17343 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 17343{"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"mapper_parsing_exception","reason":"failed to parse"}],"type":"mapper_parsing_exception","reason":"failed to parse","caused_by":{"type":"json_parse_exception","reason":"Unexpected character ('[' (code 91)): was expecting either valid name character (for unquoted name) or double-quote (for quoted) to start field name\n at [Source: org.elasticsearch.common.io.stream.InputStreamStreamInput@77224b66; line: 1, column: 3]"}},"status":400}