Curator and Elasticsearch 7.0

Hi there,

I've just installed Curator 5.6 and nothing seems to be working, I've checked /opt/elasticsearch-curator and /usr/bin/curator and thcurator and curator_cli files are present, but even running just

curator --help

Doesn't give me any help options.
Is Curator 5.6 compatible with Elasticsearch 7.0 as I'm running on 7.0
https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/client/curator/current/version-compatibility.html
Only mentions up to version 6.x
If it's not supported, whats the best way to manage backups and retention of data?

Any pointers?

Thanks

You can install the master branch, which supports 7.0, otherwise you'll have to wait a bit longer before official support is released. See here for more information.

Thanks Aaron, got it working now after installing the master branch using pip install as opposed to yum.

Thanks @theuntergeek for all your work on this package. Do you have an estimation of the time of when the official support will be there for 7.0.0? (weeks? months?) Thanks!

It’s out already. The 5.7 branch fully supports Elasticsearch 7.x. It’s fully documented, and all RPM/DEB packages are in their respective repositories.

Excellent! Thanks a lot!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.