Curator does not work correctly

I have curator 5.5.4 installed in my debian 9, sometimes curator works when i execute a command like curator --version or curator --help, but most of the time curator does not work and the command gives nothing

Why ??

I have never used curator but try to add more logs to your output. Maybe some of the flags can help you:

--loglevel TEXT Log level

--verbose Show verbose output.

source: Singleton Command Line Interface | Curator Reference [8.0] | Elastic

that gave me nothing, it like the command doesn't exécute

ex:

1. HP@debian9:~$ curator --help
  2. HP@debian9:~$ curator --version

hum ..? the ssl is enables in ur cluster and u try to disable ssl verification in ur curator config file ?

You're probably getting bit by this issue, which is that improperly formatted YAML files results in no output. A fix has been merged, but an updated version hasn't been released yet (should be sometime in the next 5 or 6 days).

In the meantime, if you double-check your YAML formatting, or even paste it here (without sensitive data like passwords or host names), we can probably figure out why you aren't seeing output and get things working.

To ensure we see it formatted correctly, please paste it between triple back-ticks, like this:

```
PASTE HERE
```
1 Like

Are you sure you installed the Debian 9 version, and not the Debian 8 version? See here

yes i have deb [arch=amd64] https://packages.elastic.co/curator/5/debian9 stable main in my curator.list

and my config curator.yml

client:
  hosts:
    -  localhost
  port: 9200
  url_prefix:
  use_ssl: False
  certificate:
  client_cert:
  client_key:
  aws_key:
  aws_secret_key:
  aws_region:
  ssl_no_validate: False
  http_auth:
  timeout: 30
  master_only: False

logging:
  loglevel: DEBUG
  logfile:
  logformat: default
  blacklist: ['elasticsearch', 'urllib3']

Something else is going on, then. If you get no output from even the version command, there’s something else in play.

yes I do not know why, sometimes it works and most of the time it does not work

If that's the case, it's not Curator's fault. This sounds like something else entirely, and I can't explain why without a whole lot more information. I have heard of things like this going on in some versions of RHEL/CentOS 7. Perhaps install via pip and see if that behaves differently?

i did it and it work with pip instalation.
thanks

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.