Curator shows Job completed but no action

Hi,
I am testing curator to create a new index in Elasticsearch 5.1.1. Following are my config and action file respectively

Config File :-
client:
hosts:
- localhost
port:
url_prefix:
use_ssl: False
certificate:
client_cert:
client_key:
aws_key:
aws_secret_key:
aws_region:
ssl_no_validate: False
timeout: 30
master_only: False

Action File :-
actions:
1:
action: create_index
description: "Create index as named"
options:
name: new_index
extra_settings:
settings:
number_of_shards: 1
number_of_replicas: 0
timeout_override:
continue_if_exception: false
disable_action: false

After running it by the command
curator --config C:\Users\user\Desktop\config.yml --dry-run C:\Users\user\Desktop\file.yml

It shows the message

2017-03-08 18:02:58,316 INFO Preparing Action ID: 1, "create_index"
2017-03-08 18:02:58,363 INFO Trying Action ID: 1, "create_index": Create index as named
2017-03-08 18:02:58,363 INFO DRY-RUN MODE. No changes will be made.
2017-03-08 18:02:58,363 INFO DRY-RUN: create_index "new_index" with arguments: {'settings': {'number_of_shards': 1, 'number_of_replicas': 0}}
2017-03-08 18:02:58,363 INFO Action ID: 1, "create_index" completed.
2017-03-08 18:02:58,379 INFO Job completed.

But after running curl localhost:9200/_cat/indices , I don't see any new index created.

I feel like there is a problem in the config file most probably. Please help me out.

P.S :- I have also used 127.0.0.1 and local machine IP in the host

If you continue to run with the --dry-run flag, no changes will ever be made. That flag is used to test what the actions should do without actually doing them.

Thank You . It did work. Looking at the guide in the curator I thought --dry-run parameter works with making no deviation from your action file.

Continuing working with curator, I am facing one more problem. Below is my action file
actions:
1:
action: delete_indices
description: "Delete Selected Indices"
options:
timeout_override:
continue_if_exception: false
disable_action: false
filters:
- filtertype: age
source: name
direction: younger
timestring: '%Y.%m.%d'
unit: days
unit_count: 2

When I run this, I get the following message :-
No actionable items in list: <class 'curator.exceptions.NoIndices'>

I think the curator is not getting my filter, is there some problem with the syntax?

Also I saw this issue of shard_reallocation problem :-

Do, I have to wait for Curator 5.x for the shard allocation action to work in Elasticsearch 5.1.1

Thanks in advance

2 days younger than now is in the future, so I'm not surprised there are no actionable indices. You probably meant to use older

Allocation still works, you just can't use the wait_for_completion flag until the patched version is released.

So I have had this confusion. If I use older and set unit_count : 2 ;
It means indices older than 2 days or indices age = (0,2)

Thanks in advance

Indices older than 2 days from program start time, as identified by the settings in the filter.

Thank You for you help.

I have a final query, a help required for our production environment.

If I use document routing and allocate one doctype to be in 1 or 2 shards and other doctypes in other shards. Is it possible for us to route the doctype into the warm nodes while the other shards of the index stays in the hot nodes.

Thanks

Since that is only tangentially related to this topic, please ask in a new topic.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.