Curator version for Elastic 5.2.0

I have installed Curator 4.2.6 and trying to connect to Elastic 5.2.0

But it refuses to connect, see error below:

Unable to create client connection to Elasticsearch. Error: TransportError(503, '{\n "name" : "lrv160gk",\n "cluster_name" : "gmtt-dev",\n "cluster _uuid" : "eGMk7xLlTxyTkyxe40mebw",\n "version" : {\n "number" : "5.2.0",\n "build_hash" : "24e05b9",\n "build_date" : "2017-01-24T19:52:35.80 0Z",\n "build_snapshot" : false,\n "lucene_version" : "6.4.0"\n },\n "tagline" : "You Know, for Search"\n}\n')

It seems like curator 4.2.6 can only connect to ES 5 and not ES 5.2.0

Which version of Curator can support ES 5.2.0?
I see that on Elastic website, Curator 5 is mentioned but all links for download the same are broken it seems.

Help !! Help !!

Curator 5.0 has not yet been released, and there is a message indicating that at the top of the page, if you're browsing through the 5.0 documentation.

That said, Curator version 4.2.6 will work with Elasticsearch 5.2.0 just fine:

$ curl esclient:9200
{
  "name" : "esclient",
  "cluster_name" : "untergeek",
  "cluster_uuid" : "7OfiDNTsTJqiHTK4_ghIsA",
  "version" : {
    "number" : "5.2.0",
    "build_hash" : "24e05b9",
    "build_date" : "2017-01-24T19:52:35.800Z",
    "build_snapshot" : false,
    "lucene_version" : "6.4.0"
  },
  "tagline" : "You Know, for Search"
}

And the curator_cli output:

$ curator_cli --version
curator_cli, version 4.2.6
$ curator_cli --host esclient show_indices
.kibana
.monitoring-data-2
.monitoring-es-2-2017.03.10
.monitoring-es-2-2017.03.11
.monitoring-es-2-2017.03.12
... (many more indices)

A 503 transport error is not very informative without more context. A 503 error suggests "Service Unavailable" in some way. What does your configuration look like?

Thanks ...
The issue is resolved because the Elastic server was in itself not available at the moment of test. :frowning:

I missed though the ''to be released'' message :wink:

Actually the line which says curator-4.2.6 is not compatible with all commands of ES-5 confused me and i thought it is that reason why it is not connecting with 5.2.0

Apologies for that. It will become clear when Curator 5 is released. The rollover API and the reindex API are just two examples of things which will be in Curator 5 but not supported in Curator 4, even though Curator 4 works with Elasticsearch v5. Hope that clarifies that statement a bit.

@theuntergeek any idea when will this PR be released https://github.com/elastic/curator/pull/896? That's blocking the setup of hot/warm elasticsearch cluster setup.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.