Customize Kibana page

Hi All,

Is there a way or work around to hide all icons other than Dashboard?

Thanks
Sam

Dashboard only mode

Hi @Bargs

Thank you for your quick response. But it will require xpack for this right? and xpack is offered as subscription service, correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks
Sam

You're correct, it relies on x-pack security. However that's the only way to accomplish what you want without modifying the Kibana source.

But if I am correct X-Pack requires subscription right? How much does it cost. Also, as i am implementing it as it is being an open source project so is there any way around through .css file and what do the Kibana source modification requires?

Thanks
Sam

One workaround for modifying the source is discussed here. However, this stuff is constantly changing, so it's not a good foundation to build a solution on.

You can find subscription info here. I believe dashboard only mode should work with a Standard Elastic Cloud subscription as well.

Also, as that other Discuss comment I linked to mentioned, the reason the core kibana apps cannot be disabled like other plugins is due to this issue. You could also add a comment to that ticket expressing your need for this functionality and we may be able to make it happen at some point.

Thank you so much @Bargs. Is there any of front end hack which can be done so as to just make that buttons to hide?

-Thanks,
Sam

I'm sure you could cook something up with a "hack" type plugin. This type of plugin basically just drops a script tag into the page. Check out the plugin generator

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.