Customize the dashboards page

Hello,
I'm looking to add a link after the word dashboards, I've tried this in \src\plugins\dashboard\target\public\dashboard.chunk.2.js

tableListTitle: external_kbnSharedDeps_KbnI18n_["i18n"].translate("dashboard.listing.dashboardsTitle", {
                                defaultMessage: "dashboards {documentation}",
                                values: {
                                    documentation: external_kbnSharedDeps_React_default.a.createElement(external_kbnSharedDeps_ElasticEui_["EuiLink"], {
                                        onClick: function onClick() {
                                            return window.open('http://www.link.com', '_blank');
                                        }
                                    }, external_kbnSharedDeps_React_default.a.createElement(external_kbnSharedDeps_KbnI18nReact_["FormattedMessage"], {
                                        defaultMessage: "Documentation"
                                    }))
                                }
                            }),

But I got this, I don't think I'm doing it the right way
If anyone can put me on the right way

Thanks

Did you go through our plugin development guide?

cc @devon.thomson is this possible?

Thanks,
Bhavya

Hey @Fosco, it'll always be tough to change the generated code in the target folder, and it often won't result in what you'd think. Adding a documentation link like this won't work, because the tableListTitle prop that you're putting the value into expects only a string. It's likely that it's taking the euiLink you've sent it and converting it into a string, which would result in [object Object]. I am not sure what version of Kibana you are modifying, so I can't give you exact directions, but I would add your document link as another element after the table title.

As a different approach, you could try linking to your documentation from inside your dashboards, using a Markdown panel

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.