Dashboard ID update or complete redo

I'm developing a dashboard with saved objects(visualizations) that I had to reingest. I've been remaking the visualization because I receive error messages related to the id.

Is there a way to update visualizations/dashboard? It appears it needs to be recreated from scratch, not very efficient.

@cronwel You can export the dashboard from Saved Objects Explorer, update the id to whatever you need / wish (very nice to get clean urls) , then re-upload the json and remove the old duplicate dashboard.

Really? Easy to move forward here, eh?

If I understand what you suggest, you're saying I would do the following:

1. Export the dashboard
  2. Re-upload the json
  3. Remove the old dashboard
  4. Then update the ids when I re

But in reality, I'm also:
5. import the saved dashboard from the saved objects
6. updating the ids

So I need to observe and troubleshoot if a field is not properly typesetting and I have to do a six-step procedure to remedy a given field.

The processes that I do are to name fields, observe that logstash read them correctly(provided the right field mapping (ip, keyword, integer, etc.). And sometimes that's what I need to observe and evaluate one after another. As in, I see that opensearch will ingest my fields but then I have to see why my IP address field is showing up as a text instead of IP or something to that affect. The aforementioned process can become inefficient if I'm doing a cycle of action, observation, troubleshoot. I'm very new to Opensearch but I'm wondering if my lack of knowledge means that there is not a better way to do this procedure. If what you suggest is the best I can hope for, ok, I'll go with it. But if there is something more efficient, please share. maybe there is a better way for me to verify what I am doing. Every time I make a change to a conf file have to go through a certain procedure in order to see the affects take place while also ensuring the old data is not mixed with new data.

OpenSearch/OpenDistro are AWS run products and differ from the original Elasticsearch and Kibana products that Elastic builds and maintains. You may need to contact them directly for further assistance.

(This is an automated response from your friendly Elastic bot. Please report this post if you have any suggestions or concerns :elasticheart: )

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.