Data management

Hi there, I have a question regarding the organization in Kibana. Since I am a beginner I want to understand the scope and best practices for my data storage in there. I will have 3 datasets which at some point I will like to merge/nest together 2 of them based on a column. For instance:

index1.id == index2.campaign_id

I am aware of the limitations of performing SQL so my questions are the following:

1. Is it feasible to perform that connection within Elastic or should be better before uploading to elastic.
  2. Is it possible to execute through the Python API, perform similar SQL actions and bulk-import them back to elastic (This ignores the original benefits of elastic)
  3. In case performing the acton inside elastic is best, what would be a good start for me to learn about it? I have read the docs and still I have a lot of gaps in how to perform such a query.

I thank you in advance for the help.

Best,
Juan

1. Elasticsearch cannot do this, you will need to do it externally
  2. Yes
  3. N/A

Thanks Mark for your answer. Then I think I will in the meantime to data transformations outside Elastic and then allocate there.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.