Date not visible while creating small interval buckets using Date Histogram

Hi,

I'm using Kibana 7.15.0 and while using Date Histogram in bucket aggregations, I can't see the date on the bars created when the interval is smaller than 1 hour:

For interval = 15 mins, the date is not shown on any of the bars in a bar or line chart.

For interval = 1 hour or more, the date is shown.

Can someone give a solution or workaround please? It's important to view granular data for us.

Thanks

Best available way to control the visualization directly in 7.15 is to consider a custom vega visualization--this gives you precise control of how the axis is formatted. Scroll down to the X-axis on the default sample and try adding a format section like

x: {
      axis: {
        title: false, 
        format: "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M" // Customize X axis format
        } 
    }

The Vega lite spec accepts a variety of date formats from d3

As an aside, I wanted to mention we are overhauling the time axis across the variety of visualization editors in Kibana in 8.0 to address this issue (among others). The new time axis @ 8.0 is multi layered and always will show the full date. So you could just wait for an upgrade to solve this hopefully as another option

time-axis

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. For our end-users, Lens or Aggregation based visualizations are better suited. We hope to see this facility in those visualizations. Is there any way or work-around for those while we wait for the version upgrade? Specifically for Lens visualizations.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.