Default dashboard for heartbeat not working

Hi can I know is there default dashboard for heartbeat?

I try enable setup dashboard. But in dashboard section i cant view it. U have any idea

Hi,

I think in the 6.x version there was a simple dashbaord included but I do not think it still exists in the 7.x branch as the Uptime UI is much more powerful than the dashboard ever was.

Is there a reason you cannot use the Uptime UI?

Best regards
Wolfram

There is no heartbeat dashboard in recent versions, as stated by @Wolfram_Haussig the Uptime App is the default now.

You certainly can build your own I gave a short start here

The uptime have defect . I am getting
An internal server error occurred.

Can you please check the Kibana logs if there are any errors?

I saw this but really no idea what is it about

{ "message":"Internal Server Error","name":"Error","stack":"Error: Internal Server Error\n    at HapiResponseAdapter.toInternalError (/usr/share/kibana/src/core/server/http/router/response_adapter.js:61:19)\n    at Router.handle (/usr/share/kibana/src/core/server/http/router/router.js:177:34)\n    at runMicrotasks (<anonymous>)\n    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:95:5)\n    at handler (/usr/share/kibana/src/core/server/http/router/router.js:124:50)\n    at exports.Manager.execute (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/@hapi/hapi/lib/toolkit.js:60:28)\n    at Object.internals.handler (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/@hapi/hapi/lib/handler.js:46:20)\n    at exports.execute (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/@hapi/hapi/lib/handler.js:31:20)\n    at Request._lifecycle (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/@hapi/hapi/lib/request.js:370:32)\n    at Request._execute (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/@hapi/hapi/lib/request.js:279:9)"}

Below error exists but dont think is the rotcause

kibana_1           | {"type":"error","@timestamp":"2021-08-30T12:00:00+00:00","tags":["connection","client","error"],"pid":1213,"level":"error","error":{"message":"140291804391296:error:14094416:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert certificate unknown:../deps/openssl/openssl/ssl/record/rec_layer_s3.c:1544:SSL alert number 46\n","name":"Error","stack":"Error: 140291804391296:error:14094416:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert certificate unknown:../deps/openssl/openssl/ssl/record/rec_layer_s3.c:1544:SSL alert number 46\n","code":"ERR_SSL_SSLV3_ALERT_CERTIFICATE_UNKNOWN"},"message":"140291804391296:error:14094416:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert certificate unknown:../deps/openssl/openssl/ssl/record/rec_layer_s3.c:1544:SSL alert number 46\n"}

I am sending heartbeat to logstash to elasticsearch. so output i only enable for logstash

@selin this is usually caused by not having a mapping. If you are running through Logstash you need to setup the index templates first. You can do this by running a heartbeat instance directly connected to Elasticsearch with ./heartbeat setup .

As an aside, may I ask why you are running heartbeat through Logstash? Logstash is a fantastic tool, but we generally don't find much of a need to add it between heartbeat and ES. What's your use case?

hi, i am using logstash to just set index pattern. i 'm not using the default index pattern.

index rollover name: env-project-2021-08-30-00001
index alias: env-project

do i need run setup ?

Please advice how i can do the mapping please

I also created index pattern

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.