Deployment stuck on "Waiting until master instances are elected"

Hi guys, i'm trying to deploy another "allocator" instance to my deployment.. and it's currently stuck on "Waiting until master instances are elected". What am I doing wrong here. Is deploying 2 instances not allowed because of quorum rules or something? Is there some other configuration I should be adding to the deployment to specify which instance is my master?

The command I used to add the new allocator was:
bash <(curl -fsSL https://download.elastic.co/cloud/elastic-cloud-enterprise.sh) install --coordinator-host IP_ADDRESS --roles-token TOKEN --availability-zone ece-zone-2 --roles "allocator"

Any help would be appreciated!

Also seeing this error!

There was a problem applying this configuration change!

Plan change failed: [ClusterFailure:MasterNotDetectedInTime]: Failed to detect that a master was elected. Check thee health of the cluster, and look at the instance logs to determine if there were any issues with cluster formation or leadership election. Details: [{"details":"The state did not become the desired one before [5 minutes] elapsed. Last error was: [Instance [instance-0000000017] has no master.]"}]

I've run into this issue on multiple different cloud hosts now. Tried with bare metal servers I operate locally and on AWS EC2. There's got to be something i'm missing here.

According to High availability | Elastic Cloud Enterprise Reference [2.8] | Elastic it says:

The main difference between Elastic Cloud Enterprise installations that include two or three availability zones is that three availability zones enable Elastic Cloud Enterprise to create clusters with a tiebreaker .

However when I try to make this change:

On my activity feed it just says: Waiting until master instances are elected for like 5 minutes, and then ends up failing with the following error:

Plan change failed: [ClusterFailure:MasterNotDetectedInTime]: Failed to detect that a master was elected. Check thee health of the cluster, and look at the instance logs to determine if there were any issues with cluster formation or leadership election. Details: [{"details":"The state did not become the desired one before [5 minutes] elapsed. Last error was: [Instance [instance-0000000017] has no master.]"}]

Is there a step im missing somewhere? I figured deploying Elasticsearch to 2 zones would be pretty simple.. as everything else is. It doesn't create a Tiebreaker node in the 3rd zone.. like it does in Elastic Cloud (Non self hosted).

Note: This is my current setup:

I'm assuming other people have run into this as well... since it's not just tied to 1 cloud provider.

Look's like the issue was with the security group inside EC2. One of my EC2 instances didn't have the inbound ports open. Derp me! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Works just fine now!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.