Disable adding filter upon click on a bar chart

Hi all,

In above chart when I click on bars it will automatically add a filter to the entire dashboard.

As an example when I click on the first bar it will add a filter as in below.

Screenshot from 2021-03-16 16-10-34

Is there a way to disable this behaviour?

Thanks

There's no way to disable this. What's your use case? Why is this a problem for your dashboard? Trying to learn what kind of feature we could offer here.

Thanks for the reply.

There are two charts in my dashboard, in one chart I use this behaviour for filter out some data. And it gives meaningful visualisation on the dashboard.

But when click on the other chart filtered out data on dashboard becomes meaningless, so I wanted disable it on that chart.

I see, this makes sense, thanks for explaining.

As mentioned, it's not possible right now but you can create a feature request here: https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/new?assignees=&labels=&template=Feature_request.md to raise awareness

Edit: Actually, there's one workaround for this. Instead of using Visualize, you can create the same visualization using vega (Learn to build rich Vega Visualizations in Kibana | Elastic Blog). In vega, you have full control over all aspects and by default there's no filter action on click.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.