Disabling xpack User Authentication

I got the access token to extend my trial license (basic), which I run on Kibana. I switched to a different browser to open Elastisearch and it asked authentication. Still looking where to find the default credentials.

I already explicitly added to disable xpack security on the elasticsearch.yml file but it didn't work. I also read (Authentication Clarification for Elasticsearch 6+) that basic license need not security.

Other question. Is it possible to connect my Kibana instance to the Elastic.io (cloud)? On my cloud I don't have access to my node. Either I need to do something offline or wait on Monday [when Elasticsearch restores access].

I'm just new on Elasticsearch so pardon me. Appreciate for any feedback.

Do you mean the license file (JSON)? I don't quite follow what an "access token" is in this context.

A "basic" license and a "trial" license are very different.
See Subscriptions | Elastic Stack Products & Support | Elastic for the feature breakdown.
A "basic" license is free, does not have security, and in more recent versions is a non-expiring license.
A "trial" license is typically available for 30 days, and does support security (but in more recent versions, trial licenses default to have security turned off, and it needs to be explicitly turned on again).

I'm not sure which license type you have, and what license you want, but if security is enabled then it's probably a trial (and you're probably on an older version of Elasticsearch).

I already explicitly added to disable xpack security on the elasticsearch.yml file

From your screenshot, it doesn't look like you have done that.
Lines that start with # are comments and are ignored.

#xpack.security.enabled: false

is not the same as

xpack.security.enabled: false

Side Note: Please don't post screenshots of your config - copy and paste the content directly into your post.

Is it possible to connect my Kibana instance to the Elastic.io (cloud)

We are not elastic.io - did you mean that URL, or found.io (which is us) ?

It is possible to connect your own Kibana instance to your Elastic Cloud Elasticsearch service, but ...

I don't understand what you mean here. Are you running Elasticsearch locally, or in our cloud?
And if you have a cloud instance, but don't have access to it, then you cannot connect Kibana to it.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.