Does ignoreFilterIfFieldNotInIndex still work?


#1

It currently doesn't work for me - situation being I have a dashboard with two indices and filtering by a field from one of them does not ignore the filter on visuals for the other index. I see this issue on GitHub,

where the issue is that this setting doesn't work for "certain filters". However, I can't find a single filter where this setting works. Any official word on what the status on this setting is?

Thanks :slight_smile:

Edit: I should add that I've tested this on 6.4.0 and 6.4.1


(Bhavya R M) #2

@Bargs can you please take a look?

Thanks,
Bhavya


(Matt Bargar) #3

Silly question first: are you sure the field you're filtering on does not exist in both indices?

Second question: Can you give an example of a filter that you're having trouble with?


#4

Yup, in fact neither index contains any custom field with the same name.

I am filtering through the dashboard, selecting a field that is of datatype keyword and using the is operator and choosing one of the autocomplete values. Here is the query DSL of one of the filters I have tried:

{
  "query": {
    "match": {
      "category.keyword": {
        "query": "A",
        "type": "phrase"
      }
    }
  }
}

(Matt Bargar) #5

@dimitriwalters Hmm I can't reproduce the issue, the setting is working fine for me. Could you provide a small example with sample indices that I can follow step by step to try to reproduce what you're seeing?


#6

@Bargs Here's two sample indices with data that still doesn't work:

PUT my_index_1
{
  "settings": {
    "index": {
      "number_of_shards": "1",
      "number_of_replicas": "0"
    }
  }
}

PUT my_index_2
{
  "settings": {
    "index": {
      "number_of_shards": "1",
      "number_of_replicas": "0"
    }
  }
}

POST my_index_1/_doc
{
  "field1": "A"
}

POST my_index_1/_doc
{
  "field1": "B"
}

POST my_index_1/_doc
{
  "field1": "C"
}

POST my_index_2/_doc
{
  "field2": "A"
}

POST my_index_2/_doc
{
  "field2": "B"
}

POST my_index_2/_doc
{
  "field2": "C"
}

I created a dashboard with two data metric visuals for the count of documents, and when filtering in the top menu using a field in one index it still results in 0 documents for the other index.


(Matt Bargar) #7

Perfect, thank you @dimitriwalters. I see what my issue was now, I only tested saved searches and oddly enough the setting is working for those, but not for visualizations. I've created a github ticket. I'll try to make time to look into a fix soon.


(system) closed #8

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.