Dropdown filter kibana canvas

Hi all,

following the topic Dropdown filter kibana canvas - Elastic Stack / Kibana - Discuss the Elastic Stack I tried to filter data on a table by using dropdown list element, but I did not succeed. I attach the code used for the sample index "kibana_sample_data_ecommerce"

Dropdown:

esdocs index=kibana_sample_data_ecommerce fields=customer_gender 
| dropdownControl valueColumn=customer_gender filterColumn=customer_gender filterGroup=gender
| render

Table:

filters gender
| essql query="SELECT * FROM kibana_sample_data_ecommerce"
| table perPage=10 
  font={font size=14 family="'Open Sans', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif" color="#000000" align="left"}
| render

Could you tell me where is the mistake? I run the last version of both Kibana and Elasticsearch.

Thanks,
g
@Catherine_Liu

1 Like

Moreover, I would you ask whether we can filter data on a map by means of a dropdown filter, in canvas (in dashboard I tested and it is the case).
Thanks,
g

filters function no longer exists, the new syntax to do the same is:
kibana | selectFilter group="gender" | ...

1 Like

Hi @ppisljar ,
many thanks. Now it works! In my opinion, the recommendation of not using filters function is not so clear in the documentation, is it?
Moreover, in a canvas, is there room for filter also points in a map with the same technique or not?

Thanks,
g.

I agree that docs are not clear enough.

When you talk about maps i am guessing you are using an embeddable ? embeddabe function will also accept filters but it depends on actual embeddable and filter if it can be used together. best to give it a try:

kibana | selectFilter group="gender" | embeddable ....

Many thanks, @ppisljar , it does work!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.