Elasticsearch default user created . How to use it?

Hi All ,

I am previously used tar (5.6 to 6.3.1) files for ELK stack creation . That ELK stacks and xpack were working well. That time i am used a manually created user named " elastic"

Now i am tried rpm installation (6.3.2) in Redhat 7. After the installation elasticsearch files showing the owner user is " elasticsearch" . When i am trying to switch to that elasticsearch user , that is not possible.

su elasticsearch output is "This account is currently not available"

Why do you want to use the user?

Actually i dont know the use of that user elasticsearch . May I run elasticsearch from different user ?

You can but there are a few changes you need to make. Why do you want to do this?

I dont know how to run elasticsearch from the user elasticsearch . When I am trying to login to elasticsearch ... its not possible. because of that i am running elastisearch from another user

If you used the RPM then use service - https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/6/html/deployment_guide/s1-services-running

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.