Elasticsearch snapshots not visible

I am using Elasticsearch 6.3.0 with its default configuration, and am currently trying to restore older snapshots created with some version of Elasticsearch 6.x. I've added a repository to restore the old snapshots, but when querying /_snapshot/backup/_all no snapshots are visible.

The configuration of my repository:
{
"backup": {
"type": "fs",
"settings": {
"location": "/backup/elasticsearch"
}
}
}
I have confirmed that the user elasticsearchhas access to the snapshot directory. What are the next steps I can take to fix this issue?

Have you validated that the path /backup/elasticsearch contains the Elasticsearch snapshots? Worth double checking the path, especially if its a filesystem mount. This is odd and should be working, you should be able to see & restore snapshots created from 5.x onward.

Cheers,
Tom

Yeah, I checked. It contains about 30 different snapshots directories. Is there a way to restore a snapshot manually by just copying the data somewhere?

Not according to the documentation.

Have you taken a look at the logs on the current master node to see if it reveals anything regarding snapshots?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.