Elasticsearch tutorial bulkload

I'm going through the Elasticsearch tutorials and i'm trying to load data from the sample file into Elasticsearch and i'm encountering a problem
curl -XPOST 'localhost:9200/bank/account/_bulk?pretty&refresh' --data-binary "@accounts.json"

i'm getting the following message when i run it on the Kibana console. I'm guessing there's an issue with the path of the file, where am i supposed to download the "accounts.json" file, i've downloaded it to the home directory of Elasticsearch, i've tried to put it in bin as well.
{
"error": {
"root_cause": [
{
"type": "parse_exception",
"reason": "Failed to derive xcontent"
}
],
"type": "parse_exception",
"reason": "Failed to derive xcontent"
},
"status": 400
}

Could you please post the exact command you are running in the Kibana Console?

The curl command you posted is something you'd run from your favorite command-line/ shell, so that won't work as is in Kibana.

Also what version are you running?

Hello, the curl command gets converted in a Kibana console anyways, so it doesn't matter, but here's what i'm running
POST /bank/account/_bulk?pretty&refresh-binary @accounts.json

I'm assuming i'd have to something about the path of this accounts.json file, like i said before i've put in the homedirectory of elastic search

im running the latest version

You cannot post files to ES using sense, you will need to use curl directly.

does to apply to the Kibana console as well? Would i be able to post files to ES from there?

Yes it does apply.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.