ELK 6.x [beat] cannot import templates in kibana

Hi all,
just testing elk 6.
When I try to import the metricbeat dashboards like
./metricbeat setup -c /etc/metricbeat/metricbeat.yml
I just get:

Loaded index template
Exiting: Error importing Kibana dashboards: fail to import the dashboards in Kibana: Error importing directory /usr/share/metricbeat/bin/kibana: No directory /usr/share/metricbeat/bin/kibana/default

In fact the folder isn't there. I installed metricbeat via .deb package. Is there sth. missing?

Are you trying 6.0.0-beta1 or 6.0.0-beta2 release? We are not able to reproduce the issue with the beta2 deb package.

Hi monica,
I had this problem with metricbeat 6.0.0-beta2 deb64.
reason was, that the kibana folder was not in /usr/share/metricbeat/bin/kibana but in /usr/share/metricbeat/kibana. After moving it to the right folder, I could import the dashboards. Maybe the package maintainer could have a look to this. I think the kibana folder is installed to a wrong location, when it is installing via dpkg.

Regards,
Marcus

Hi @MarcusCaepio,

From what I see in your call it seems you are executing the metricbeatfrom /usr/share/metricbeat/bin/. Our deb packages expect you to use a wrapper script located under /usr/bin/metricbeat, that will set the right paths for config files and kibana dashboards.

Can you please try to load the dashboards just by typing metricbeat setup? (notice I didn't add ./)

This topic was automatically closed after 21 days. New replies are no longer allowed.