Enhanced table plugin on elastic cloud

Hello Elastic Team,

I've a request or guidance required .Its important as its causing major isssue now for our usecases.
We show statistical data in tables. The data is of following type:
1)Hyperlinks->ONCLICK download logs or route to other page
2)To show drop downs in table rows itsself.
3)Dispaly the text format.
4)Manipulate data using regex
5)color entire row in table(critical,healthy)
5)Split columns etc.....likewise various manipulation we do with tables.

Currently we're are using enhanced data table plugin by @fbaligand and we've achieved every usecases that looks much presentable and clean to visualize.This plugin helps in great way.
With kibana provided data table /lens table manipulation of data and various other feature can't be achived.

We need to setup enhanced-table plugin on the Kibana AWS environment but at this moment it isn't not allowed(kibana 8.7.1)
we ask you possibility of allowing its integration also in a managed cloud environment.

From my past and current customer experiences,I see that there are various time requirement to show data in TABLES in more presentable way.
Below are some of my visualization made using ENHANCED TABLE PLUGIN,but now customer don't want to go ahead with this as its not supported in kibana/ cloud instances of AWS.
Now I need some alternative and guidance on this, but It would be good that plugin like this feature should be part of kibana as USER EXPERIENCE and feedback has been good and usecases implementaion takes less time due to plugin capability to manipulate data.

Below are just few examples to show presentable analytics data in table view using plugin:

1. HERE WE CAN GET DYNAMIC LINKS DOWNLOAD THE LOG OR ROUTE TO OTHER URL:
    Index pattern url ->link option is there ,but we cant use becoz we maintain every url host:port in config and then send data to elastic.Nothing manual work is done like next time links need to be updated ,done through config file and send data to elastic index,secondly links can't be shorten in kibana dicover/table...FULL URL has to be shown.

2)Downloading reports hourly for hour/month/year etc.This looks so presentable:

3)Highlight a column or entire row with some color based on some condition on string or numbers or some regex value.This show clear visibility of errors or some criticality that customer need to see

4)Group same ussecase data together in one block-can't achive.This is done for centralized monitoring dashboard.I would like tomact and physical server visual should be part of 1 block and its background color diff to show discontinuation of among tomact and physical server.

5)There are times where you want to define some field for specific index patterns that would change frequently ex: http://host:port. whenever someone needs to do this some config should be defined at index patten level or something.

Note: When some kind of automation solution is done there are lot of hurdles and times when customer is not aggreable to visit kibana page to do some config changes and require external file based approch. i.e customer is aware of his own website embedded with kibana dashboard but never visit the kibana page itself as any config change required for any usecases is done through external files.

I'd request to kibana team to provide more advanced options to makes visualization.
Need of the hour surely is some kinnd of advanced analytics table that understand html/css/js manipulation.Refer -Enhanced table plugin.

Above are just some suggestion and requirement that I implemented using plugin and such features are not available with kibana based solution.

@fbaligand Do you have any update of enhanced table plugin latest version for 8.7.1 as I dont see on github.Sadly I might not be able to use this great plugin for current customer and change my implementation. Thanx for your work on this plugin and for maintaing the latest and updated changes for each version so far.

Many Thanx

You'd be best off raising a support request regarding this;

Enhanced Table plugin support for Kibana 8.7 is "work in progress".
Actually, I managed quickly (few days after release) to make the plugin work with Kibana 8.7 if Kibana is in "dev mode". But sadly, if I deploy my plugin on Kibana "prod mode", then I have blocking error.
I already tried several ways to fix it. But for now, I didn't manage to make it work.
I will continue to look at solutions, but it's quite complicated.

1 Like

Ok,Thanx for your response.Hope it comes soon!!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.