Enhanced Table Visualization

Hi @fbaligand,
I'm very thank you for creating Kibana Enhanced Table Plugin.
But I wonder why about the order of columns when I used split cols function.
Example:
The data of datetime field is 2020-11-05, 2020-11-06, 2020-11-07, 2020-11-09, 2020-11-10, 2020-11-11. And when I split cols by date histogram with datetime field and minimum interval is days, the order of column is 2020-11-05, 2020-11-06, 2020-11-09, 2020-11-10, 2020-11-11, 2020-11-07.
Please help me to explain about this case. Thank you.

You will find explication and solution in this comment :

2 Likes

Thank you for your solution. I fixed this error.
Can you help me to know any function to meet my requirement

1. Mark some columns contain number with different color. This plugin only support CSS format for computed cell or all row.
  2. This plugin has new function for expand or not some row base on split rows like pivot table in excel. I think this table will be better

For your first wish, you can use Kibana field format in index patterns. It lets you choose font color given value.
Or else, you add a computed column that references your classic column (ex: col1), you use computed css, and finally, you hide initial column (hidden columns setting).

For your second issue, it is clearly not simple to implement this feature. But there is an existing issue for that on GitHub repository. Feel free to add a +1 on it.

1 Like

I very appreciate for your support.
With first issue, if I split column by date histogram and want to add computed columns after each columns. Is there any way for display header of each columns same as initial columns?

If you want one computed column per split col, I invite you to check option « computed/hidden columns per split col ».

If you do that, for each split col bucket, you will have one column for each metric, and one column for each computed column declared.
And the column header with bucket name is kept, but concatenated with metric or computed column label.

Hello @fbaligand, I checked again and found a problem. With solution {"min_doc_count": 0}, it works with date time range is last 30 days and last 90 days. But I don't know why with time range is last 7 days or this week, the order of date is wrong. Can you check it again?
Thank you so much!

Sorry, I don't reproduce your issue.
But it is a Elasticsearch aggregation query concern.

I invite you to look at "Inspect" link (in Visualize app), then "View Requests". Look at "request" and "reponse" tab.

Is it possible to add the Enhanced Table visualization plugin to an instance of Kibana on the cloud, hosted by elastic.co? There is no access to the file system there, so the recommended method of installation can't be used.

To my known, since few months, you can install a community plugin on Kibana on Elastic cloud enterprise and elastic cloud for kubernetes.
Not sure for public Elastic cloud

So I invite you to ask to Elastic support.

1 Like

I think it's possible only for elasticsearch if you have a platinum subscription
For kibana AFAIK it's not possible

1 Like

Hi Fabien,

Thanks for the great enhanced table plugin, only issue I have (but that is more generic within Kibana I think) is that I cannot format the cells apart from using the standard field formatter (from Index Pattern). The issue I encounter is that I've made a dashboard which I'd like to color code and do some number formatting (e.g. 3 digits after the decimal point). I tried to add computed columns as suggested here, but could not hide all original columns (the number of columns is dynamic dependent on the data) and could not duplicate somehow. Do you have a small example how to do with multiple columns or a different way of formatting the cells in the table?

Kind regards, Paul Fennema

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.