Error "build constraints exclude all Go files" while building beats from source for Solaris 11.3 x86

My goal is to run Filebeat on a Solaris 11.3 system. Running uname -a shows me:

SunOS solaris 5.11 11.3 i86pc i386 i86pc

To build Filebeat, I also need to build go because the version found in package manager is too low of a version and won't work. I used a binary I obtained here (http://www.bolthole.com/solaris/go-lang.html) because it was said to work.

It successfully built go 1.12.9 (which is version needed to build filebeat) and it passed all it's tests. You can see my validation below.

test@solaris:~$ go version
go version go1.12.9 solaris/amd64
test@solaris:~$ go env
GOARCH="amd64"
GOBIN=""
GOCACHE="/export/home/test/.cache/go-build"
GOEXE=""
GOFLAGS=""
GOHOSTARCH="amd64"
GOHOSTOS="solaris"
GOOS="solaris"
GOPATH="/export/home/test/go"
GOPROXY=""
GORACE=""
GOROOT="/export/home/test/goroot"
GOTMPDIR=""
GOTOOLDIR="/export/home/test/goroot/pkg/tool/solaris_amd64"
GCCGO="gccgo"
CC="gcc"
CXX="g++"
CGO_ENABLED="1"
GOMOD=""
CGO_CFLAGS="-g -O2"
CGO_CPPFLAGS=""
CGO_CXXFLAGS="-g -O2"
CGO_FFLAGS="-g -O2"
CGO_LDFLAGS="-g -O2"
PKG_CONFIG="pkg-config"
GOGCCFLAGS="-fPIC -m64 -pthread -fmessage-length=0 -fdebug-prefix-map=/tmp/go-build919129086=/tmp/go-build -gno-record-gcc-switches"

When I run either "go build" or "gmake" on filebeat, I get the following error

test@solaris:~/go/src/github.com/elastic/beats/filebeat$ gmake go build -i -ldflags "-X github.com/elastic/beats/libbeat/version.buildTime=2019-09-06T19:51:12Z -X github.com/elastic/beats/libbeat/version.commit=dfd8ed0d1fb7a0e5a86246a7dde574d1e9e1c11b" ../vendor/github.com/sirupsen/logrus/terminal_check_notappengine.go:9:2: build constraints exclude all Go files in /export/home/test/go/src/github.com/elastic/beats/vendor/github.com/sirupsen/logrus/terminal gmake: *** [filebeat] Error 1

I have the following questions:

Is this an issue with the Makefile for beats, or could it have to do with the go compiler I created?

Is there an unofficial set of binaries for either beats or go that are available to help me?

If anybody sees this, just follow Andrews steps in the link below (Change the version information). Don't go down the path I was.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.