Error in Installing Kibana5 Plugin

I followed the command from Kibana site to install Kibana from local file.

$bin/kibana-plugin install file:///home/elastic/ELK5/test/SIP_APP_Install_Test.zip

I get the following error

Transferring 21523717 bytes....................
Transfer complete
Retrieving metadata from plugin archive
Plugin installation was unsuccessful due to error "No kibana plugins found in archive"

I googled but could not get proper solution to the issue but I could install plugin manually by placing inside the plugin directory. Any help or suggestion would be great. Thank you.

The structure of the plugin is very very sensitive:

The "plugin-helpers" will get the zip file you are messing with in proper order, that is if you are building a custom plugin. I believe the structure needs a /kibana/plugin-name inside the zip file.

Thanks @Kikketer when I changed by plugin directory structure like /kibana/plugin-name and zip it manually. I was able to install without any issue but I have trouble using plugin-helper. Can you please provide same input argument to create a package.

The plugin-helper is used when you are building your own plugin. I'm not sure if that's what you are doing, but it would be included in the package.json of the plugin you are developing.

The idea is that the plugin you develop then has an npm run build command that will produce the zip file properly. If this isn't your plugin or you are not developing it, then disregard.

Good to hear you got it working by just altering the structure a little.

Thanks @Kikketer. Your answer helped me to understand some internals of Kibana

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.