ERROR: Skipping security auto configuration because it appears that the node is not starting up for the first time. The node might already be part of a cluster and this auto setup utility is designed to configure Security for new clusters only

why?

I use es8.1.1 mast node had Started ,but failed to join cluster from node

mast node is :

Please don't post images of text as they are hard to read, may not display correctly for everyone, and are not searchable.

Instead, paste the text and format it with </> icon or pairs of triple backticks (```), and check the preview window to make sure it's properly formatted before posting it. This makes it more likely that your question will receive a useful answer.

It would be great if you could update your post to solve this.

Because, as the message is saying, you have previously started this node.

elasticsearch-reconfigure-node is only meant to be run for nodes that have been installed with either a DEB or an RPM package and should be run directly after installation of the subsequent nodes.

If and only if this is installed with a DEB package, The easiest/simplest way forward for you is to

1. remove/purge the installation ( you need to purge so that the data and config dirs are removed too ) on ubuntu-sv-222 with apt remove --purge elasticsearch
  2. Install it again
  3. Run the elasticsearch-reconfigure-node tool before starting elasticsearch
  4. Start elasticsearch

The data of the folder that solved my previous installation problem, because it has not been deleted, I hope to help new students who install it,thanks。

thank you

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.