Error when deploying ARM Template for Elasticsearch

I get an error when trying to hit Kibana using an https address. Seems the CustomScript is failing when trying to startup kibana.

04062019-13:26:02] [configure_kibana_yaml] Extract CA cert from PKCS#12 archive for Elasticsearch HTTP [04062019-13:26:02] [configure_kibana_yaml] Configuring TLS for Elasticsearch [04062019-13:26:02] [configure_kibana_yaml] CA cert extracted from HTTP PKCS#12 archive. Setting verification mode to certificate [04062019-13:26:02] [configure_kibana_yaml] Configured TLS for Elasticsearch [04062019-13:26:02] [configure_systemd] configure systemd to start Kibana service automatically when system boots [04062019-13:26:02] [start_systemd] starting Kibana [04062019-13:26:02] [start_systemd] started Kibana [04062019-13:26:02] End execution of Kibana script extension in 0h:2m:47s [stderr] sent invalidate(group) request, exiting sent invalidate(passwd) request, exiting sent invalidate(group) request, exiting sent invalidate(group) request, exiting sent invalidate(group) request, exiting sent invalidate(passwd) request, exiting sent invalidate(group) request, exiting sent invalidate(passwd) request, exiting sent invalidate(group) request, exiting sent invalidate(passwd) request, exiting sent invalidate(group) request, exiting sent invalidate(passwd) request, exiting sent invalidate(group) request, exiting sent invalidate(passwd) request, exiting sent invalidate(group) request, exiting sent invalidate(passwd) request, exiting sent invalidate(group) request, exiting sent invalidate(passwd) request, exiting sent invalidate(group) request, exiting E: Unable to locate package pwgen E: Unable to locate package pwgen kibana-install.sh: line 228: pwgen: command not found kibana-install.sh: line 231: pwgen: command not found MAC verified OK Synchronizing state of kibana.service with SysV init with /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install... Executing /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable kibana

Seems that the interesting part of this error is as follows:

E: Unable to locate package pwgen E: Unable to locate package pwgen kibana-install.sh: line 228: pwgen: command not found kibana-install.sh: line 231: pwgen: command not found

Could you please let me know the version of Elastic Stack deployed?

Sorry, I thought I put that in there. The ARM template is for ES 7.0.1.

Hi

I just checked the Official ARM Template of Elastic on Azure. I could only see v7.0.0 and not 7.0.1.
I went ahead and deployed a cluster using 7.0.0, it worked.

Could you please check it on your end once again?

Here is the link to documentation for deploying Elastic Stack using ARM

Ok, I was finally able to get back to this.

I did redeploy and found it worked, with no changes on my end. I also found that several things changed with this deployment. Some things missing that weren't before and some things where added.

Whatever you did on the backend, thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.