Error while trying to download Basic license

I seem to get an error while trying to download the basic licence. It says for system own to check the logs. Then I get an email with my licence but when opening it, i get the error "The license has not been found. Please make sure you're using the correct URL.

Hi, I have removed the license URL from your post. Please do not post these online as they are unique to yourself.

Let me look into this and get back to you.

I've seen the same issue for a couple weeks. I've tried emailing Elastic but have not heard back. When I try to register I get this error on the page: "We're sorry, but something went wrong. If you are the application owner check the logs for more information." I'll then receive an email link but it's broken.

Hi Phillip,

I'm sorry to hear you didn't get a response. To what @elastic.co email address did you send your emails?

I dug into this with Kenneth, and it looks like it might have been an issue with browsers? With him, I was able to enter his information into Chrome on my Mac and it went through fine.. I'll send you a note offline and we can see if that works here, and if we can figure out what happened.

Thanks,
Steve

This is what I get when I try to register:

I sent emails to info@ and support@

I would like to join into this because I have exactly same problem... (including muteness of elastic.co e-mails)

Hi, we can confirm that the errors you receive are real. The issue is related to ipv4 vs. ipv6 adresses, that's why it has been a bit tricky to reproduce. We apologize for the inconvenience, we hope to fix the issue within a day or two.

Thanks!,

Karel

Philip, Mikula, are you able to attempt re-registering from a computer/network on IPv4? I want to make sure you're able to get a Basic license ASAP. If you don't have access to an IPv4 network, please send me a private message with the registration info, and I can generate a license for you.

Thanks for helping us figure this out!

Cheers,
Steve

The issue with ipv6 addresses should be fixed now, can you please try again? Thanks!

Yes, that works now.

Thanks,
Philip

I can confirm that it works.
Thank you
M

Hi @warkolm-

Could you please let me know, how do I install the license on the Windows-7 machine?
I believe, CURL command doesn't work on windows. Could you please let me know at earliest, as my basic license wil expire in another few hours. Thanks !

Regards,
Prakash

Hi @prakash1243,

If you have access to a Cygwin or Git Bash terminal, then you can get curl there.

For Windows, the easiest way is to follow the instructions here:

However, you can alternatively use PowerShell to do the same.

cat your_license_file.json | Invoke-Web
Request -Uri http://localhost:9200/_license -Method POST

Hope that helps,
Chris

1 Like

That really helps @pickypg.
Thanks !

I've seen the same issue for a couple weeks. I've tried emailing Elastic but have not heard back. When I try to register I get this error on the page: "We're sorry, but something went wrong. If you are the application owner check the logs for more information." I'll then receive an email link but it's broken.

Which address did you email?