Filter Query DSL from a local file

Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked previously but I couldn't find anything relevant.

I currently have some visualisations in Kibana that use a Filter Query to search through a large number of items (10k+) against a specific field. It works pretty well and returns results fast. The only issue is that we will be updatnig this list pretty frequently and also use this same list to search through other fields. This would require us to update every visualisation manually which is pretty inconvenient and stuff might get missed.

I'm wondering whether it's possible to implement something like the following. The list of items would be stored on a text file on the local server. In Kibana, use the query to reference that file and search the required field against the items in the file.

Not sure if it's possible with the Script Query function?

This way, we would only need to keep the file on the server up to date and all the visualisations that use the file will be updated automatically.

If not, is there anything else that can be done to make this process smoother?

Thanks!
Gen.

There's no way to do this, we removed heaps of "read from FS" to reduce security risks.

However there might be alternate ways. You could try setting up a percolator index, modifying that via the normal APIs and then searching in it via Kibana. I haven't seen it done before, but I can't think/don't know of anything that would stop it.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.