Flat table of data

Hi all,

I'm using 7.16.2 version.

I have data in elastic which is representing result of tests, one json for example:

My question is, how can I create new table in kibana with flat result, not top values.

I want to see this table:
testcaseName | testcaseFailedReason| buildNumber

I want to see all the result appears in the DB and not the first 10 and not top values.

{
        "_index" : "testcases",
        "_type" : "_doc",
        "_id" : "V4U5vH4Brh--qJzelZEv",
        "_score" : 7.190881,
        "_ignored" : [
          "testcase.$.name.keyword"
        ],
        "_source" : {
          "buildNumber" : 5,
          "buildVersion" : "1.16.5-add-tester-name-field-to-elastic+5",
          "testcase" : {
            "$" : {
              "name" : "/opt/fireglass/1.16.5-add-tester-name-field-to-elastic+5/regression_tests/out/cases/activity_logs/basic_activity_logs_search.js - Basic activity log search Activity log search after browsing Contains a log with events 'Network Request' and 'Forward To Isolation",
              "time" : "17.325",
              "className" : "Contains a log with events 'Network Request' and 'Forward To Isolation"
            }
          },
          "testcaseFailedReason" : "",
          "testcaseName" : "Basic activity log search Activity log search after browsing Contains a log with events 'Network Request' and 'Forward To Isolation",
          "testcaseStatus" : "Passed",
          "testcaseTime" : 17.325,
          "testerName" : "",
          "timestamp" : "2022-02-02T20:56:37.234Z"
        }
      }

Discover is not enough for you?

What do you mean?

As you said you want to sell all results, Discover will meet the requirement.
Discover | Kibana Guide [7.17] | Elastic

I want all the results, but with filter, certain field should be not empty, how do I filter fields that has value other than "", and I want it as a table in the dashboard.

I suppose saved search is the best match.
Using Discover and set filter and select fields to show in table. Then click Save button right-top.

You can add the search form Add From Library in Dashboard.

1 Like

Hi Tomo,

The example you gave me is perfect, Thanks!
I need only more one thing: How can I select which fields will be displayed in the visualize? I don't need all the fields, I need only few. (And should I do it in the discover stage or in the dashboard?)

Thanks again

You can do it in the Discover stage. Click fields in the left column (maybe just bellow the "Selected fields ...... 3" in my screenshot). Then only selected fields showup in the table.

1 Like

Very cool!!
Thank you very much !!

I've succeed to add it as I want :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.