Fleet Dashboard Not Loading or Taking Too Long to Load

Hi all,

I am experiencing an issue with my Fleet dashboard in Kibana. It is either not loading or taking an extremely long time to load. Here are the details of my setup:

• Elasticsearch is running on svr15 (Ubuntu) in Docker containers.
  • Kibana and Logstash are running on svr16 (Ubuntu) in Docker containers.
  • I have configured svr16 as the Fleet server during installation, and everything worked perfectly until two days ago.

Since the past two days, the Fleet dashboard is stuck in the loading state and never fully loads. I haven't made any major changes to the setup, and I have tried restarting the services, but the issue persists.

Steps I have taken so far:

1. Restarted Docker containers on both servers (Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, Fleet).
  2. Checked the logs for errors in Kibana, Elasticsearch, and Fleet, but I couldn’t find anything obvious.
  3. Verified that Elasticsearch and Kibana are up and running without any other noticeable issues.
  4. Verified resource usage (CPU, memory) on both servers, and they seem fine.

Fleet Version:
Kibana and Fleet: v8.15 (same as Elasticsearch)

Questions:

• What could be causing this issue?
  • Are there specific logs or diagnostics I should be checking?
  • Has anyone else encountered a similar issue with Fleet server performance?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Hi @prabhuteja,

Welcome! Thanks for sharing what you've tried. Have you made any recent changes to your Fleet setup, Elastic Agent or any integrations?

Have you tried following these steps from the documentation as well to check the health of the Fleet server and Agent?I would also recommend checking the Fleet server and Elastic Agent logs. If you could also check the Console and Network tabs in the Developer Tools of your browser you should be able to see if there are any errors or failed API requests.

Let us know!

THis screenshot is from fleet configured server, everything goes well but suddenly fleet takes more than 10 minutes to load the dashboard

Please assist me in this

This is the API that stays in pending state

Ok, so it looks to be down to the setup call. Do you see any errors, warnings or debug messages on the Fleet server? Are you making use of any proxies that could be blocking traffic?

I’ve checked the agent logs and didn’t find any errors. I’m running Elastic in Docker on one server and the Logstash & Kibana (LK) stack on another server, also in Docker containers. Both servers are on the same network, and I’m not using any proxies that could be blocking the traffic. Could there be something related to Docker networking that needs to be checked, or should I verify other configurations in Elastic and LK?

Even with ERROR response I am getting agents data after sometime

I'm definitely not a Docker expert, but I would say it's possible. Can you check the networking, and also share your configuration?

By configuration, can you share the yml configuration please? Feel free to obfuscate any sensitive information.

elasticsearch.yml

Hi @carly.richmond Please let me know if you need any info from my side.

Hi @prabhuteja,

I'm not sure what's causing this, and I don't see an issue in the repo that looks similar.

Is it a 403 response error that you are receiving? If so it might be useful to share your IP on this thread so we can check it. Alternatively I would try creating an issue on the repo itself.

Hope that helps!

@carly.richmond There is no change in network configuration, today I got the above error after waiting for around 10 minutes

Ok, can you raise an issue on the GitHub repo with the details please? Happy to assist with raising the issue if you need help.