Follow a huge list of customer with kibana ML

Hello,

I would like to follow a specific list of customers defined by ip address.

For our application deployment we do this in a number of steps like beta (which may concern more than 1000 customers).

I would like to do anomaly detection over the kibana ML plugin for these beta customer

But when I set a list of ip addresses (more than 1000) kibana is blocked.

Is it possible to follow a spécific huge list of customers ?

I m using kibana 7.3

Regards

AmS

If I understand your question correctly, you want Kibana to build a filtered query with more than 1000 terms - you're right, that could be messy.

Perhaps a more manageable approach would be to enrich your customers index with a new field, for example beta such that the value of that field for a particular customer was either true or false.

If you want to be fancy and dynamically enrich the data at ingest, you could use a separate index to list your beta users, and use the enrich ingest processor to mark that customer as beta user as the data gets ingested.

Then, you can simply run a single term query in kibana (beta:true)

Hi Rich,
Thanks for your answer.
adding a new field is a good idea if it is static list of customers.
My problem is that list is randomly generated for each new version. so i know this list only when deployed on the beta.
Regards
AmS

Ok, maybe I don't fully understand your use-case then. You won't know who the beta users are? Why can't you dynamically create the list of beta users into the lookup index at deployment time?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.