Generate image out of kibana

Dear All,

We are running ELK latest version with authentication available on Intranet but not accessible from Internet. We want to make some images public available but we do not want to give access to ELK directly for some reason. What is the best way to make a "snapshot" for example as PNG ?
I know kibana offers the possibility to generate an URL for an iframe, but this we can't do. Should be something like "curl" or so.

Sorry for this "off-topic" message here.

Kind regards
Hans

--

Hi Hans. Kibana has a Reporting capability that can generate PNGs from Dashboards or Canvas workpads. Is that what you are looking for?

You can trigger reporting jobs by sending a POST HTTP request from cURL or some other script.

Hi Nick, many thanks for your reply.
When I open a dashboard I see the "Share" button. There I have the possibilities of "Embeded Code" or "Permalinks". But nothing gives me the possibility to generate a PNG or PDF as described in the links.
I am using ELK 8.6.2
Is there maybe a special license needed for elasticsearch ?

Kind regards
Hans

Hi Hans. Yes, Reports requires a Platinum license. You may want to start a trial license to test it out. Or you can try Elastic Cloud free for 14 days.

Hi Nick,
many thanks for this information. We are academic, a research institute. And therefore there is only a small budget for IT. I would never get approved if I would make a procurement for this.
But good to know there would be a way.

Kind regards
Hans

--

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.