Handle line chart missing values

Hello, I'm trying to visualize the price of gold through a month but I only have values for weekdays, so the value for weekends is null. Using min_doc_count I can take out the nulls but I want the weekend to have the same value as friday without creating new logs. How can I do this?
Thank you!

I think you should be able to create this behavior using timelion.

Try something like this:

.es(index=logstash*,
    timefield='data',
    metric='min:cena').fit(carry)

The carry option interpolates missing data using the latest available data.

If you need to apply additional filtering, you may use the timelion if function as well.

Hope this helps,

1 Like

We are working on enabling this in other visualization types, a change was recently merged to our charting library which will hopefully make its way into various editors soon: https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/17717

I tried to use Timelion but I can't define the timefield to be "data". With .es(*) I can see that all the logs are being read correctly but timefield='data' does nothing

Hey,

The timefield is just a way to specify the name of the field according to which the timeseries is measured. Just put the column name of the timefield you have.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.