How can i able to change the default container name when i am using azure plugin?

Hi,

I need to send all the daily snapshots to one container and weekly snapshots to another container .
By default all the snapshots will go to elasticsearch-snapshots container based on below configuration of elasticsearch.yml.

cloud:
    azure:
        storage:
            my_account:
                account: my_account
                key: my_key

My question is

1. How can change the container name from default(i.e.elasticsearch-snapshots ) to some other name?
    2)And is it possible to define in a elasticsearch.yml file that these snapshots should go to this container and others to these? Something like this:

Daily snapshots ---------> Daily backup container
    Weekly snapshots ------> Weekly backup container

Even i checked in curator but it has only repository name not container name. I know it can be done at run-time like this:

PUT _snapshot/my_backup2
{
    "type": "azure",
    "settings": {
        "container": "backup-container",
        "base_path": "backups",
        "chunk_size": "32m",
        "compress": true
    }
}

Since my backups are done using curator so i need these configurations in elasticsearch.yml file.

IS it possible?

Thanks

Even if it is possible today, it has been removed in 6.0 (and deprecated)

It's per repository. But you can create the repository in advance then use it in curator.

Thanks

In what it is deprecated whether in azure plugin ?

So, this means at the time of creating respository i have to mention the container name like this

PUT _snapshot/my_backup2
{
    "type": "azure",
    "settings": {
        "container": "backup-container"
}
}

After that using curator i can able to snapshots to container backup-container.

Correct me if i am wrong..
Thanks

Here is the meta issue:

So, this means at the time of creating respository i have to mention the container name like this

Yes

Thanks..
IT helped

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.