How can i change the default visualization settings in order to apply it to all the existing visualizations

Hi,

How can I change the default visualization settings in order to apply it to all the existing visualizations.
I need to change the "Mode" setting to "normal" for all my existing visuals.
current setting is "Stacked".

You can use the saved object API to query all the saved objects, modify each one, and re-save them, but that's going to require running in Kibana runtime. You can do it via a plugin, but then you need to learn how to do that.

However, everything you do in Kibana just saves a document in Elasticsearch, in the .kibana index. So, as long as you have access to the ES instance, and can modify documents in it, you can just write your own script to query and update all the documents using Elasticsearch's REST API.

If you're not well versed in code, you can do it all manually in Kibana as well. It will require you load and modify the saved objects in Management > Saved Objects. You'll have to load up each saved object and modify the content, which may be in JSON. This should be slightly faster than just opening each one of the visualizations and modifying it that way, but perhaps not by much.

Whatever you do back up your .kibana index first, since there's a lot of potential for getting the syntax wrong and breaking things, so you'll want to be sure you can restore the working state.

Thanks Fleming !!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.