How can I reuse Kibana welcome banner elsewhere?

(bluren) #1

Hello,

I have a nodejs app that renders a few kibana dashboards using iframes. Whenever the dashboard loads, I see the kibana loading screen (the circle with kibana logo). I was able to modify the logo as per my need and things look good.

I was wondering if there is some way to use / implement the loading banner elsewhere in my app (out of kibana). Is this allowed? If so, how? I know that this is the part that renders the load banner visuals. How can I reuse this elsewhere?

Thanks.

(Thomas Neirynck) #2

hi @blueren,

You're free to adapt any of the code you find in the open-source version of Kibana (not including xpack). For details on the license, see https://github.com/elastic/kibana/blob/master/LICENSE.txt.

IANAL, but I don't think you'd be free to reuse the Kibana logo for applications that are not Kibana.

thanks,

(bluren) #3

Thanks for the confirmation. I'm not wanting to reuse the kibana icon itself. Rather, I was looking for a way to reuse the loading screen animation (the circle with a moving green bar, after changing the kibana logo). I've figured out how to use the loading animation.

Thanks!

(system) #4

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.