How can I reuse Kibana welcome banner elsewhere?

Hello,

I have a nodejs app that renders a few kibana dashboards using iframes. Whenever the dashboard loads, I see the kibana loading screen (the circle with kibana logo). I was able to modify the logo as per my need and things look good.

I was wondering if there is some way to use / implement the loading banner elsewhere in my app (out of kibana). Is this allowed? If so, how? I know that this is the part that renders the load banner visuals. How can I reuse this elsewhere?

Thanks.

hi @blueren,

You're free to adapt any of the code you find in the open-source version of Kibana (not including xpack). For details on the license, see https://github.com/elastic/kibana/blob/master/LICENSE.txt.

IANAL, but I don't think you'd be free to reuse the Kibana logo for applications that are not Kibana.

thanks,

Thanks for the confirmation. I'm not wanting to reuse the kibana icon itself. Rather, I was looking for a way to reuse the loading screen animation (the circle with a moving green bar, after changing the kibana logo). I've figured out how to use the loading animation.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.