How To Change Kibana Theme or RYO?

Hi,
I find the kibana colors and theme a bit unprofessional and kiddie-looking (like candy crush). Has any thought been put into the idea that people want to change the theme or branding with this version? In the past, it was easier with the horizontal top header (like most professional business websites are designed) and easily edited files.
Now everything is obfuscated.

Any tips appreciated.

Hi,

You can switch the dashboard theme to dark. Beyond that, I am going to check to see if we have any community built plugins.

Thanks,
Bhavya

So, this is what we unofficially recommend: https://github.com/rashidkpc/kibana-hacks or using a reverse-proxy to replace the css. But we don't have any guarantees about their maintenance.

Thanks,
Bhavya

Hi. Thanks for reply. I couldn't easily figure out how to change the theme to dark. How do you do it?

It would be really nice to consider ways in which people want to present this wonderful tool. But in most cases its not going to be the default neon branding, etc. Rather such a tool needs to be business-friendly and sit within or along side other business tools and look the same. It's a big blocker to deploying this tool in our environment because in big businesses/govt there are style guidelines how things need to look, colors, fonts, etc. Right now Elastic has made it nearly impossible to change Kibana in any way. It inhibits adoption for us.

Ok. I will pass on your feedback to our design team.

Here is how you change the dashboard to dark in 5.x:

Thanks,
Bhavya

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.