How to compare most recent daily metrics with previous day's metrics

This is probably a simple one for someone who knows what they are doing.

I have some metrics that are collected M-F, and everything from a given day has the same timestamp. I'd like to compare the most recent daily set with the set from the previous day.

E.g. something like:

{timestamp=2/7/2019, foo=1}
{timestamp=2/7/2019, bar=2}

{timestamp=2/8/2019, foo=1}
{timestamp=2/8/2019, bar=3}

And I'd like to give a table of the most recent delta foo & delta bar. I can't use ranges relative to 'now', because the latest run isn't necessarily within the last 24 hours (e.g. most recent run is Friday and the query is early Monday). I would bet that it's a simple query, but I can't figure out how to tell kibana which data I want it to use. Anybody?

Hi Steve, I recently answered a similar question and suggested the user use Timelion to create a visualization. It will appear as a chart, not a table, but at least it will allow you to compare values from one time to a previous time. Can you take a look at Adding time range query to one column of a Data table visualization in kibana and let me know if it helps?

Thanks,
CJ

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.