How to create a new field for the data which does not exist in logs

I am trying to analyze few job logs. My job log contains Job names with information on completed/started/failed status of Jobs .

Now if a job is not run that will not appear in the Logs. But I want to have a dashboard which lists job which are not run yet.
the problem is , in logs, if a job is not run, neither its name or the status will appear. then how to I show my job in the visualisation as NOT-STARTED.

Hi @shikhar_singh,

Looks like what you need is scripted field that would return status if it exists and NOT-STARTED if it doesn't.

Best,
Oleg

@azasypkin thanks for the quick response,

Will it work even when the job name does not even exist in the Logs?
I will elaborate more - One of my Control has 8 jobs in it , I can see those jobs which are completed/started/failed , I can see those because those job names appear in the logs with these statuses.

but my control is showing completed in the the pie chart visualisation as 6 jobs completed, in fact its not , but my pie chart has no idea about the remaining two jobs. how will I map the job names which don't exists in search ( logs) with a scripted field which says NOT-STARTED.

Hi @shikhar_singh,

I think I'm not entirely understand what type of data you have to give you a good advice. Can you, maybe, share these 8 raw log records here and the form you'd like to transform them into?

Best,
Oleg

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.