How to install S3 input plugin

Hello. I am trying to install the S3 input plugin in the elasticsearch Docker image. I am following these instructions:

and this is the exact the plugin I am trying to install:

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/logstash/current/plugins-inputs-s3.html#plugins-inputs-s3

This is the error I am getting:

// ERROR: Unknown plugin logstash-input-s3

Is the plugin under a different name?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @cdelpino,
The plugin you are trying to install is for Logstash while you seem to use an Elasticsearch Docker image.

Installation on a Logstash Docker image is OK:

docker run docker.elastic.co/logstash/logstash:7.6.1 logstash-plugin install logstash-input-s3
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM warning: Option UseConcMarkSweepGC was deprecated in version 9.0 and will likely be removed in a future release.
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.headius.backport9.modules.Modules to method sun.nio.ch.NativeThread.signal(long)
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.headius.backport9.modules.Modules
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
Validating logstash-input-s3
Installing logstash-input-s3
Installation successful 

If you are looking for a plugin to use S3 for Elasticsearch snapshot/restore, you should use S3 Repository Plugin.

docker run docker.elastic.co/elasticsearch/elasticsearch:7.6.1 elasticsearch-plugin install --batch repository-s3
-> Installing repository-s3
-> Downloading repository-s3 from elastic
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@     WARNING: plugin requires additional permissions     @
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
* java.lang.RuntimePermission accessDeclaredMembers
* java.lang.RuntimePermission getClassLoader
* java.lang.reflect.ReflectPermission suppressAccessChecks
* java.net.SocketPermission * connect,resolve
* java.util.PropertyPermission es.allow_insecure_settings read,write
See http://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/technotes/guides/security/permissions.html
for descriptions of what these permissions allow and the associated risks.
-> Installed repository-s3

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.