How to load historical data to kibana

We started generating reports with kibana but kibana is showing reports starting from today using newly generated logs. I would like to see reports for older data also. How can I import previous weeks data manually to elastic search or kibana on same index to view old data ?

Are you seeing the today-only data in the Discover app for a particular index pattern? What does your index pattern look like? If you do a _search and sort by date, oldest first, do you see data older than today?

GET /data-of-index-pattern-*/_search
{
  "size": 1,
  "sort": [
    {
      "date": {
        "order": "asc"
      }
    }
  ]
}

Thank you reply. I could see older date ,let say yesterday's data in Kibana buy I want to upload last year data to Kibana and want generate reports from the older data.

How can I upload older data to Kibana ?

The date range of Kibana data is selected using the Time Filter: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/kibana/current/set-time-filter.html

When you set your index pattern in Kibana, it would ask you what the time field of your data is, and that field is used by the time picker to select the data you want.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.