How to make kibana dashboard

Hi Team,

I have one doubt.

How to make kibana dashboard ?

For testing purpose i parsed some log files then created a sample dashboard in kibana.
Now i again reparsed those log files with same index, through logstash to check whether it will reflect in kibana dashboard. but the dashboard remain same.

How kibana works for dynamic dashboard?

Thanks

What are you actually seeing on the dashboard and whats is your expected change in the dashboard?
I think you know the query and timepicker feature for the Dashboards. (Timepicker top right and query top input field)

regards thekm1

Thanks,

I tested it by enabling the autorefresh button, it worked fine, dashboard is updating now.

In my usecase I am creating index per day basis like "myindex-2018-10-10", similarly a new index will be created tomorrow "myindex-2018-10-11".

Now I don't want to create the dashboard everyday, I want my dashboard to get updated dynamically, How should I handle this situation as i want to display the date as well to show that its today's execution. below are the some ways which i think can be done, but i am not sure:

1. Should I create (myindex*) index in kibana and then select the time duration from top right. but in this case how can i display the date.
    2)Should I create a index ( myindex) then type (yyyy-mm-dd) in logstash output , then in kibana dashboard i create index( "myindex") then add filed type to show the time .
    3)In kibana dashboard can we add date dynamically like once we create dashboard for "myindex*" then it possible that in dashboard title it picks the date dynamically for every execution.

I hope i am able to explain my problem.

Kindly suggest which is the best way to handle a situation where i want my dashboard to get updated dynamically and display the date also .

thanks

Hi Richa,
make an index-pattern as you suggested. doc
Then search through that whole indexex which contains all the data. on the dashboard or visualisation creator you are able to define a relative timerange doc-tp
So you can only select from yesterday this setting will be according to your actual time.

Hope i described in the right direction.
regards thekm1

Thanks thekm,

I created (myindex*) index in kibana which is a time-series index and then from time picker menu i am selecting last 15 mins to display latest dashboard.

Dashboard is getting updated dynamically. Thanks

One more thing which i want to do is to add date-time dynamically in Dashboard Title/Heading .How can i do that ?

Thanks

cool that i could help you. I am not sure if a dynamic title is possible at the moment. sry that i cant help you in this case =) Let me know if you find a solution

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.