I couldn't run Kibana 6.0.0 in Windows 32bit

Hi,

i installed Kibana 6.0 on Windows7 32bit.
everytime when i run it, i get an error that my windows 7 32bit is not not compatible!!
i installed the Kibana version 5.6.4 iand it was working fine without problem!!!?
any Clue?

Hi Ahmy,

from Kibana 6.0.0 we will only continue bundling for 64 bit systems: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/kibana/6.0/breaking-changes-6.0.html#_requires_64_bit_operating_system

If you really have the need of running Kibana on a 32 bit system still, you will need to download Node.js for your architecture and use this node version to start up bin/kibana in your Kibana directory.

Cheers,
Tim

@timroes Any plan to add 64bit support for Windows on 5.5 or 5.6 versions? Currently Kibana ships with 32bit node.js.

Hi,

yeah we did the switch with the 6.0.0 release. Unfortunately we don't offer any prebundled 64 bit versions before 6.0.0 (and no 32 bit after).

But you can of course do the same, as I described in me previous post, by just downloading your own 64 bit instance of node and use this to start up bin/kibana.

Cheers,
Tim

i installed node.js on my windows now
could you send me please a link for tutorial how to run kibana with node.js
PS: I have to use 32 bit system because i want to install kibana later on my rapsbery pi (Arm7 CPU)
so i should go through the 32 bit

Hey,

you should basically just run the following commands:

cd <your kibana directory>
node bin/kibana

With nodeor (node.exe on windows) either must be in your PATH or you must use the full path to your local node installation.

1 Like

hey,
i tried with the full path to my locale node and i still get the same error

D:\kibana-6.0.0-windows-x86_64\bin>D:\kibana-6.0.0-windows-x86_64\node\node.exe
kibana.bat
Cette version de D:\kibana-6.0.0-windows-x86_64\node\node.exe n'est pas compatib
le avec la version de Windows actuellement exécutée. Vérifiez dans les informati
ons système de votre ordinateur si une version x86 (32 bits) ou x64 (64 bits) du
programme est requise, puis contactez l'Ă©diteur de logiciel.

i tried this version also to node instalation on windows but it seems to be wrong

D:\kibana-6.0.0-windows-x86_64\bin>C:\Program Files\nodejs\node.exe kibana.bat
'C:\Program' n'est pas reconnu en tant que commande interne
ou externe, un programme exécutable ou un fichier de commandes.

Hi,

you should use the node.exe, that you downloaded from nodeJs and installed locally, not the one from within Kibana (since that is the wrong architecture).

If you have spaces in your path, like in the lower example, you need to place the command into quotes:
"C:\Program Files\nodejs\node.exe" kibana.bat

Also I am just having a look at the bat file and it seems you should rather execute the JavaScript file directly as follows:

"C:\Program Files\nodejs\node.exe" src/cli

You should execute that while in the Kibana root directory (not within the bin directory).

Hope that helps solving the issue.

Cheers,
Tim

1 Like

thank you for your help. it works now.
i don't understand why i should run kibana with src|cli and not kibana.bat

now iam using the last part of code which run without caring of warning? right?

@echo off

SETLOCAL

set SCRIPT_DIR=%~dp0

for %%I in ("%SCRIPT_DIR%..") do set DIR=%%~dpfI

set NODE=%DIR%\node\node.exe

set NODE_ENV="production"

WHERE /Q node

IF %ERRORLEVEL% EQU 0 (

for /f "delims=" %%i in ('WHERE node') do set SYS_NODE=%%i

)

If Not Exist "%NODE%" (

IF Exist "%SYS_NODE%" (

set "NODE=%SYS_NODE%"

) else (

Echo unable to find usable node.js executable.

Exit /B 1

)

)

TITLE Kibana Server

"%NODE%" %NODE_OPTIONS% --no-warnings "%DIR%\src\cli" %*

:finally

ENDLOCAL

yes, because the bat script is actually not a JavaScript file that node could run at all. so you need to just execute the last part. Of course you could also add the --no-warnings flag again, or any other flag that you want.

1 Like

I just installed Kibana6.0 on My Raspberry pi 3 model B "Raspbian" using the same way. it works really good i download it from ES.io. i couldnt run it from bin. so i installed node.js for node-v8.9.1-linux-armv7l and i start kibana from src/cli with node.js. It works really good. So this is my history for the next Generation. I hope it will help :slight_smile:
cd /usr/share/
86 sudo mkdir node
87 cd node/
89 sudo tar -xf node-v8.9.1-linux-armv7l.tar.xz
90 cd -
91 cd kibana/
93 cd kibana-6.0.0-linux-x86_64/
95 /usr/share/node/node-v8.9.1-linux-armv7l/bin/node src/cli

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.