Import dashboard on elk 8.5.3

hi can anyone help me
i create dashboard on elk version 8.6.2 and i want to import them in elk version 8.5.3 but i get this warning in kibana UI

The file could not be processed due to error: "Unprocessable Entity: Document "46445b1xxxxxxxxxxxxx" has a "coreMigrationVersion" which belongs to a more recent version of Kibana [8.6.2]. The current version is [8.5.3]."

thank you

Hi ,
Through documentation,backward compatability dosen't seems possible.
I suppose within same version its possible likw 8.6.2 to any 8.6.X version , but 8.6 to 8.5 dosen't seems possible.
Elastic team members may confirm the best on this.
Even I'm requirement to import saved object from 7.9.1 version to 8.7.1 version and it gives error.

7.9.1 is EOL and no longer supported. Please upgrade ASAP.

(This is an automated response from your friendly Elastic bot. Please report this post if you have any suggestions or concerns :elasticheart: )

Hi, the findings are correct: exported saved objects can not be downgraded.

Hello @tsullivan

Could you plz help on this as well,seems similar but would like to know what might be wrong?
I'm unable to migrate to 8.7.1 version becz of this.

@PRASHANT_MEHTA please and it is possible to import saved objects from elk 8.6.2 to elk 8.7.x ?

Hello @kibana_dev_iko ,
Yes,it would be possible.
Stack management->saved object->export(from 8.6.2) whatever is your requirement.
Now import this saved object to 8.7.X.
Plz cross check your visulization with some data if it works fine with your import.
Meanwhile you can also read "saved object migration" document also.The document states only backward compatibility won't be supported and in this case it would work fine.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.