Installation fails

I seem to have difficulties with the installation, always freeszin at the same position:
[o.e.n. node] after starting elasticsearch.bat in Windows10

That typically means that it is running. Are you not able to send requests to it?

I am trying to install first time according to the ReadMe.textile.
The bat does not finish but always freezes at the same point.

Trying 127.0.0.1:9200 in the browser, I get a response:
{ "name" : "Ughs1p9", "cluster_name" : "elasticsearch", "cluster_uuid" : "0BMtccXyT066UESS89rTmA", "version" : { "number" : "6.8.0", "build_flavor" : "default", "build_type" : "zip", "build_hash" : "65b6179", "build_date" : "2019-05-15T20:06:13.172855Z", "build_snapshot" : false, "lucene_version" : "7.7.0", "minimum_wire_compatibility_version" : "5.6.0", "minimum_index_compatibility_version" : "5.0.0" }, "tagline" : "You Know, for Search" }
but running curl -X GET http://localhost:9200/
I get curl: (7) Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused

Thank you Thomas

The bat file does not launch Elasticsearch in the background so when it “freezes” it is actually running. You can see this as you got a response. In order to have it run in the background you may need to install or set it up as a service. I am not a Windows user so can not guide on this though.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.