Installing X-pack plugin for kibana 6.1.0 taking ~20min

(Sadok) #1

Hi there,

I already posted this issue in X-pack room: X-pack not installed for Kibana 6.1.0

The latest version of x-pack for kibana (6.1.0) is double the size comparing to the previous one (~250Mb) and during the installation its taking ~20min to install, it is stuck on this operation Optimizing and caching browser bundles...

Thank you in advance!

Sadok

(Peter Pisljar) #2

Just to verify, was install successful but it took a very long time or it never finished ? I heard hitting ENTER when on the optimizing bundles step would make it continue in some cases.

(Sadok) #3

Yes, the installation succeeds but took a very long time (+20min), I tried to hit ENTER on the optimizing bundles step, but didn't work.
The problem I'm using ansible to provision my cluster, and it's failed because the timeout issue I got.

(Mark Walkom) #4

It's the new reticulating splines :wink:

(Sadok) #5

Any update on this issue? 26min is too much :frowning:

$time /usr/share/kibana/bin/kibana-plugin install x-pack
Found previous install attempt. Deleting...
Attempting to transfer from x-pack
Attempting to transfer from https://artifacts.elastic.co/downloads/kibana-plugins/x-pack/x-pack-6.1.1.zip
Transferring 269804609 bytes....................
Transfer complete
Retrieving metadata from plugin archive
Extracting plugin archive
Extraction complete
Optimizing and caching browser bundles...

Plugin installation complete

real	26m8.734s
user	26m13.996s

(Mark Walkom) #6

It is and we are working on fixing this, we're aiming for early next year :slight_smile:

X-pack install time > 30 minutes
(Sadok) #7

Great ! :smile:

(system) #8

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.