Installing X-pack plugin for kibana 6.1.0 taking ~20min

Hi there,

I already posted this issue in X-pack room: X-pack not installed for Kibana 6.1.0

The latest version of x-pack for kibana (6.1.0) is double the size comparing to the previous one (~250Mb) and during the installation its taking ~20min to install, it is stuck on this operation Optimizing and caching browser bundles...

Thank you in advance!

Sadok

Just to verify, was install successful but it took a very long time or it never finished ? I heard hitting ENTER when on the optimizing bundles step would make it continue in some cases.

Yes, the installation succeeds but took a very long time (+20min), I tried to hit ENTER on the optimizing bundles step, but didn't work.
The problem I'm using ansible to provision my cluster, and it's failed because the timeout issue I got.

It's the new reticulating splines :wink:

Any update on this issue? 26min is too much :frowning:

$time /usr/share/kibana/bin/kibana-plugin install x-pack
Found previous install attempt. Deleting...
Attempting to transfer from x-pack
Attempting to transfer from https://artifacts.elastic.co/downloads/kibana-plugins/x-pack/x-pack-6.1.1.zip
Transferring 269804609 bytes....................
Transfer complete
Retrieving metadata from plugin archive
Extracting plugin archive
Extraction complete
Optimizing and caching browser bundles...

Plugin installation complete

real	26m8.734s
user	26m13.996s

It is and we are working on fixing this, we're aiming for early next year :slight_smile:

Great ! :smile:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.