Interactive Control on Kibana to Trigger Commands

Hi,

I need to execute commands to check system parameters(by executing commands) when certain conditions are met.
Does Kibana support any such Interactive Control with the help of which I can get the output of commands displayed on kibana?

Thanks,
Vrushali S

Kibana doesn't have any kind of built in alerting or action functionality, you'd need to use Watcher for that. It can be used to trigger an action on some time interval or the results of a query match something.

However, if you look at the actions available in Watcher, there's nothing that can just run a command. You could stand up another web server that runs the command though and use it via the webhook action. The output will get attached to the associated Watcher document when it's triggered.

The Watcher docs do a pretty good job explaining how it works.

Does Kibana support any such Interactive Control with the help of which I can get the output of commands displayed on kibana?

You'd have to read the output of the Watcher action, or your external service could also index documents as part of the webhook too.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.